Dave & Kate & Connor & Chumpy

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I am Batman's wife

Two things about the bat episode:

1. In general I am not squeamish about natural things--animals, dirt. But when I saw that bat I just felt horrified. I could not help ducking. I was afraid that it was going to fly into my forehead. Which it was not, and if it did, so what? It would have bumped into me and then flew away again. What's so scary about that? In my head I know that bats do not bump into things, but at the time I couldn't believe it. I guess its just an instinct or a reflex to duck away from flying things.

2. Dave makes me laugh. I was in our bedroom with Connor and Dave was out in the house getting something to catch the bat with, I THOUGHT. I thought he was getting a towel from the bathroom. NO, HE WAS GETTING THE CAMERA! When there's a wild animal in your house what's the first thing you think? For me, it's "Get the animal out of the house". For Dave, it's "Get the camera!" I never really would have predicted that of him. This amuses me.

|

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com