Dave & Kate & Connor & Chumpy

Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Battle of the Bottle

Posted by Kate

Well, there will be no more bottle usage in our house. Not that there ever was, really. I have been trying to teach Connor to drink from a bottle so that I could leave him with Dave or Jillian or Brieanne every once in awhile without worrying that he was screaming with hunger. I am tutoring a bit now, and I have to leave him for about an hour and a half twice a week. I try to feed Connor right before I go, but I wanted there to be a back up just in case. We tried a few different bottles and nipples, but he could not get the hang of it. Probably the problem was that I didn't try hard enough. I only tried sporadically, since I am not going back to work for a long time, and it was not imperative that he learn how to do it. And knowing that it took Garrett three weeks of trying every day before he got it was not very inspiring.
On Wednesday morning I was trying with a Gerber bottle (which he actually drank out of the first time, but then would never do it again) and I'd just had enough. I remembered that I had one sippy cup, so I poured the milk in there and gave it to Connor. He thought it was great. The holes were too big on that particular cup and the milk poured everywhere but it seemed like it had potential. I bought another cup that the milk doesn't come out of so fast, and Connor has successfully used it three times. It is still pretty messy and requires the removal of all clothes but I feel like we've actually found something that works. He even reaches for the cup when you take it away from his mouth! So, when you all volunteer to come take care of Connor while I go shopping, you will be able to feed him. : )

|

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com