Dave & Kate & Connor & Chumpy

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Hurray for more free stuff!

Posted by Kate

Another free thing that I got from the Welcome Wagon was a free Creative Memories class for a friend and I. Creative Memories is a scrapbooking enterprise, which is where you take your pictures and cut them out in fancy shapes and use different backgrounds to make album pages. It is pretty neat, but once again, pretty expensive. You can buy the same sorts of paper, stickers and tools at Michaels or Walmart. Of course the people who sell Creative Memories stuff say don't buy that because it doesn't last as long. The Creative Memories products (like markers, scissors and hole punchers) are really good, and will probably last 50 years, but I say do I really want markers that I will still use in 50 years? No! I want different, new ones by then! Anyway, Jillian and I had a fun time, and my friend Deon was there, which was a nice surprise. Connor came with us, and was quite agreeable. I did buy a corner rounder, which cuts the corners of your pictures to make them look fancy, and Jillian bought some stencils. For the rest of the stuff, I guess we'll stick with cheap old Walmart.

|

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com