Dave & Kate & Connor & Chumpy

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Pie in the Sky

Posted by Kate

This is a quote from "Cooking Made Easy" published by Monarch Pastry Flour in 1947.

Good pastry (the ambition of every girl and woman) is wholesome and digestible enough for the normal person to enjoy.

Although I am amused by the fact that good pastry should be the ambition of every girl and woman, I find it more interesting that pastry should be good enough for the normal person to enjoy. What about the abnormal people? Do they digest bad pastry well? Do they digest good pastry poorly? Does digesting bad pastry make them abnormal? Or must they eat bad pastry as a punishment for being abnormal in some other way?
Well, all I can say is my mom makes really good pastry and I do not make it at all.

|

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com