Dave & Kate & Connor & Chumpy

Friday, May 20, 2005

The true route to happiness is a consistent golf score

Well I did it yesterday. Yes Sir, I had the oddest golf game yesterday I've ever had in my life. Neil and I went and played Bloomington Downs in Aurora yesterday and it was an Adventure to be sure. We started off and I was shooting terribly. I was about to quit golf for the year after shooting a 51 on the front nine. Bleck! Caped it off with a big fat snowman on the 7th hole too. Only the second one of those I've shot this year. I said to Neil that I'm gonna rule this course on the back though and I certainly did. Started off with 4 bogeys and things were not looking well. Thats when I pulled on my ralley cap and took over. Last five holes consisted of 3 pars, one bogey and a birdie. Got the birdie on a 180 yard par 3 when I decided to pull out the 5 iron and hope for the best. Landed it on the fringe and I was looking at about a forty foot putt for bird. Good thing I left the pin in as I just ponied up and sunk it. NICE! With a final score of 40 on the back nine. 11 stroke difference from the front to the back. Bizarre.

Congratulations if anyone is still reading this at this point.

|

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com